We're not only about RV storage in Toronto; here are 10 interesting truths about Toronto, Ontario.
1. The Name’s Meaning - The name 'Toronto' is derived from the Iroquois term 'Tkaron:to' which means 'where there are trees standing in the water'. This reflects the rich natural heritage of the city.
2. Multicultural Hub - Toronto is known for its diversity. More than 200 ethnic groups are represented and over 140 languages are spoken in the city.
3. Third Largest Film Industry - With numerous production studios and film festivals, Toronto has the third largest English-speaking theatre district in the world behind New York and London.
4. Towering Heights - The iconic CN Tower in Toronto was once the tallest freestanding structure in the world, standing at a height of 553.33 meters. It remains a landmark and popular tourist attraction.
5. Financial Centre - Toronto is the financial capital of Canada, housing the Toronto Stock Exchange and five of the nation's largest banks.
6. Island City - Toronto is home to the Toronto Islands, a group of small islands on Lake Ontario that provide a quick escape from the city with beautiful parks and beaches.
7. Food Paradise - With its diverse population, Toronto is a food lover's paradise, offering a wide variety of cuisine from all over the world. St. Lawrence Market, for instance, has over 100 vendors offering specialty foods.
8. Sports Enthusiasm - Toronto is home to seven professional sports teams, including the Toronto Raptors, the first Canadian team to win an NBA championship.
9. Education Hub - Toronto houses some of the top universities in the world, including the University of Toronto and York University.
10. Artistic Excellence - The city is also home to the Art Gallery of Ontario, one of the largest art museums in North America, showcasing both historical and contemporary art.