Apart from assisting you in finding RV storage in Vancouver, we are here to share 9 facts about Vancouver, British Columbia
1. Geographical Splendor: Vancouver is surrounded by water on three sides and is nestled against the Coast Mountain Range. This unique geographical location makes it one of the most (if not the most) beautiful cities in the world. For example, the view from Stanley Park offers a breathtaking panorama of the city skyline, the ocean, and the mountains.
2. Greenest City Goal: Vancouver has a goal to become the greenest city in the world by 2020. The city is focusing on reducing its environmental impact through various initiatives, including improving green building standards, promoting cycling, and encouraging local food production.
3. Diverse Population: Over 40% of Vancouver's population is of Asian descent, making it one of the most ethnically diverse cities in Canada. The city is also multilingual, with over half of its residents speaking a language other than English at home.
4. Rich Indigenous History: The city is located on the traditional territories of several Coast Salish peoples, including the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations. Indigenous culture is an integral part of Vancouver's identity and can be explored through local museums, galleries, and cultural events.
5. Film Industry Hub: Nicknamed "Hollywood North", Vancouver hosts one of the largest film industries in North America. It's not uncommon to stumble across a film set while exploring the city.
6. Outdoor Recreation Heaven: Vancouverites love their outdoor activities. From skiing in the nearby mountains, hiking through lush forests, to sailing in the Pacific Ocean - there's an outdoor activity for every season.
7. Stanley Park: Covering 400 hectares, Stanley Park is one of the largest urban parks in North America. It's bigger than Central Park in New York City and hosts a diverse range of wildlife such as beavers, raccoons, and herons.
8. Birthplace of Greenpeace: One of the world's most influential environmental organizations, Greenpeace, was founded in Vancouver in 1971. The city's commitment to sustainability and environmental protection continues to this day.
9. World-Class Culinary Scene: Vancouver's culinary scene is renowned worldwide. With a focus on seafood and asian cuisine.